We promote and facilitate intercultural education, training and research through professional interchange.
- Committed to intercultural understanding, the Society's membership promotes:
- Mutual understanding of the values and beliefs of people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Non-political avenues for contact between people who share a common interest in the development of intercultural awareness.
- The intercultural field by identifying and clarifying issues and by preparing members to work constructively on these.
- Contacts among educators, trainers, researchers and those whose positions or interests involve them with people from another culture.
- Exchange and dissemination of information and knowledge.
- Professional development.
Therefore, the objectives of the Society are to:
- Stimulate the growth of knowledge and skills in the fields of international and intercultural relations.
- Foster the professional development of theoreticians and practitioners in these and related fields.
- Promote the effectiveness of the public, private, and voluntary sectors for dealing positively with intercultural and related issues with which they are increasingly confronted.
- Disseminate and exchange information on concepts and methods related to intercultural and multi-cultural issues and practice.
SIETAR DC is led by Laurette Bennhold-Samaan, Nicolette Regis and Anne-Claire Frank-Seisay. Please contact us anytime at SIETARDC(at)gmail(dot)com.